Worst Writer in the World

Growing up, I always looked up to those that could simply open their minds and let it all spill out on to paper. In high school, it was the "Big Chief". We had to write in it every day to start our language arts class. You could write about any subject you wanted to and the teacher swore she would only grade you on the number of pages you produced. I was always so self conscious, because I never felt like I had anything of value to contribute. I would second guess everything I would write about, knowing that the teacher would read it and it would confirm to her what a mental midget I was. I think you will find this to be true for this blog as well... but I am going to try. I can see the value in venting the bilge that is floating around my brain pan.



So maybe it would be good to list my goals for this blog:

1. Venting

2. Working things out

3. Planning a course of action for dealing with problems in my life.

4. Considering things political/spiritual/emotional/ecological

5. Advice - from my perspective/for what it is worth.

6. Sports commentary

7. Recipes and cooking tips

8. Hobbies and Interests

9. A thousand things about Ickarus

10. Family News and Items of interest.

Well. I guess that is a start. I hope to one day have a reader to likes to hear what I say... to wander along on the musings of my warped mind.

~Ickarus Maximus

Comments

  1. Have you read On Writing by Stephen King? It's a great little book with basically two tips... read a lot and write a lot. I've definitely noticed that I write much better when I've been reading my favorite authors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read that book, but I love Stephen King... and I would think he would have a thing or two to say about how to write well. What I am afraid of is that I will start writing like Douglas Adams... ;) {I love his stuff by the way, so that is no insult to write like him}.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts