World Travel


I want to have a place that I can capture my memories of traveling all over the world. This seems like a good place as any to do it.

When I was a kid, some of the strongest memories I have is of walking thru my living room stepping over the sleeping bodies of the Chihuahua Mexico YMCA Swimteam - or Gymnastics team. Or sharing a room with a young man from Germany. Or having my first crush on a young woman from Mexico ... that was living at our house while she was on break from the YMCA of the Rockies. I am grateful to my parents for openining my eyes to the greater world around me.

I think it is one of the curses of being an anglo-american in the 20th & 21st Century... we are so ethnocentric. So self satisfied, so self-centered. I hate the ugly american. I want to change that image of people from my country.

Places I have been.

Colorado,USA
  • Where I was born and raised. Where I currently live and raise my family.
  • Greatest state in the Union, if you ask me.


Wyoming, USA
New Mexico, USA
Arizona, USA
Nevada, USA
California, USA
Oregon, USA
Washington, USA
Idaho, USA
Montana, USA
North Dakota, USA
South Dakota, USA
Nebraska, USA
Kansas, USA
Texas, USA
Iowa, USA
Minnesota, USA
Illinios, USA
Ohio, USA
Wisconsin, USA
Michigan, USA
Pennsylvania, USA
New Jersey, USA
Virginia, USA
North Carolina, USA
Florida, USA
Maryland, USA
Washington, DC, USA
*Atlanta, Georgia, USA
*New York, New York, USA
Missouri, USA
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
London, England, UK
York, England, UK
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Inverness, Scotland, UK
Tokyo, Japan
Yamagata City, Japan
Tsuroaka, Japan
Moscow, Russia/USSR
Vladimir, Russia/USSR
Suzdal, Russia/USSR
St. Petersburg/Leningrad, Russia/USSR
Tallin, Estonia/USSR
Kiev, Ukraine/USSR
*Paris, France

  • Visited 10/13/08 - Charles De Gaulle Airport


Agay, France

  • Where my sister Kate and her husband, Matthieu and their 2 wonderful children live
  • Visited 10/2/08-10/13/08
  • Where their restaurant La Galere is.


St. Raphael, France

  • Visited 10/2/08-10/13/08


Nice, France

  • Visited 10/2/08-10/13/08


Cannes, France

  • Visited 10/8/08


Castellane, France

  • Visited 10/10/08


St Maximin, France

  • Visited 10/7/08


Frejus, France

  • Visited 10/2/08-10/13/08


Draguinan, France

  • Visited 10/10/08


Chihuahua, Mexico
Torreon, Mexico
Juarez, Mexico

As time permits, I will try and add memories and pictures from each of these places. Traveling around the world has made me the man I am. I am convinced that I am a much better person for having traveled to all these wonderful places!

~Ickarus Maximus

* - Locations where I was only in the city due to a flight in and out of an airport.

Comments

  1. This site... http://thelittletravelers.typepad.com/the_little_travelers/ is a great one to counter all the American ethno-centric feelings. She's a single mom with two daughters. Their most recent trip was to Iran. Very interesting stuff. She's even got a couple of dvds of their travels.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts